Re: Bug (#3484) - Invalid page header again

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Bug (#3484) - Invalid page header again
Дата
Re: Bug (#3484) - Invalid page header again  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Zdenek Kotala" <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:

> I got dump of affected two blocks from Alex and it seems that both blocks were
> overwritten together with some 128bytes length structure (there some pattern)
> and complete damaged size is 9728bytes (first block is overwritten completely
> and second one only at the beginning), but another buffer from another relation
> could be overwritten too.

I don't understand this 9728 bytes. Postgres blocks are 8192 bytes. Are you
saying one whole block is trashed and then part, but not all, of the next
block?

What's the block size of the ZFS filesystem? And what exactly does the trash
data look like?

--
  Gregory Stark