Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> writes:

> Obviously sandwhiching two values in one column is not going to work.
> The only question here is whether it's important to simultaneously
> support both DAC and MAC.  As far as I can see, KaiGai is the only one
> arguing that we don't need to do that (except for Tom, who doesn't
> like either feature).  If anyone else agrees with his position, now
> would be a good time to speak up.

Well maybe I'm not following. I think it's strange to need two different
row-based security methods. Can you give some examples of how you would use
these two mechanisms together?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!