Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michal Szymanski <dyrex@poczta.onet.pl> writes:
> Hi,
> Currently we use Debian, but it chosen by our OS admnistrator. Now we
> can change our OS and it is question what Linux edition will be the
> best. We would like have access to new versions of Postgres as soon
> as  possible, for Debian sometimes we had to wait many weeks for
> official packages.

I'd consider Debian to be a perfectly reasonable choice...

In order to conclude that something else is specifically superior,
you'd need to define some metrics that allow evaluating along the
lines that:

   "A is better than B in areas X and Y.
    B is better than A in area Z.

    Because factor Z is really important to us, that means we prefer
    distribution B."

Absent of evaluation criteria, you'll just see people saying "Oh, I
like {SomeThing} about my favorite distribution, and maybe you'd like
that too."
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/finances.html