Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences

От Guillaume Cottenceau
Тема Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Marti Raudsepp <marti 'at' juffo.org> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:11, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc@mnc.ch> wrote:
>> Don't use PostgreSQL, just drop your data, you will end up with
>> the same results and be even faster than any use of PostgreSQL.
>> If anyone needs data, then just say you had data corruption, and
>> that since 100% dataloss is accepted, then all's well.
>
> You're not helping. There are legitimate reasons for trading off
> safety for performance.

Cccepting 100% dataloss and datacorruption deserves a little
reasoning, otherwise I'm afraid I'm right in suggesting it makes
little difference to use PG or to drop data altogether.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

Сообщение: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Сообщение: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences