Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> writes:
> A guy called Dimitri Fontaine actually proposed the
> serveral-directories feature here and other people liked the idea.

Hehe :)

Reading that now, it could be that I didn't know at the time that given
a powerful enough subsystem disk there's no way to saturate it with one
CPU. So the use case of parralel dump in a bunch or user given locations
would be to use different mount points (disk subsystems) at the same
time.  Not sure how releveant it is.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine