Re: vs formatting in the docs

От ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Тема Re: vs formatting in the docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 2020-Jun-21, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
>
>> While looking at making more <command>SQL</command> into links, I
>> noticed that <xref> loses the monospace formatting of <command>, and
>> can't itself be wrapped in <command>.
>
> Ouch.
>
>> By some trial and error I found that putting <command> inside the
>> <refentrytitle> tag propagates the formatting to the <xref> contents.
>> We already do this with <application> for (most of) the client and
>> server applications.  Is this something we want to do consistently for
>> both?
>
> Looking at the ones that use <application>, it looks like manpages are
> not damaged, so +1.

Attached are two patches: the first adds the missing <application> tags,
the second adds <command> to all the SQL commands (specifically anything
with <manvolnum>7</manvolnum>).

I'll add it to the commitfest.

- ilmari
--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
  the mainstream press' sense at least.               - Matt McLeod

Вложения