Re: Postgres does not accept socket connections

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Postgres does not accept socket connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After a long battle with technology, kishore.sainath@gmail.com, an earthling, wrote:
> I need the PostgreSQL server on the machine which contains the database
> to accept socket connections.
> Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Look for the configuration file postgresql.conf.

It is doubtless set up to only accept local connections.  That is the
default configuration, and represents a decent default security
measure.

Look in that file for a variable called "listen_addresses."  You'll
doubtless find it commented out.  The suggested value is "*", that is,
to accept connections coming to all IP interfaces.  That's probably
what you want to change it to.

Restart the database (reloading config won't suffice, I don't think).

You should have remote access.

You may then get complaints that pg_hba.conf won't admit the
connections; that file is in the same directory.  If you change it,
you need only reload PostgreSQL configuration; you don't need to
restart the database...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html