Re: 8.2 features status

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, jnasby@pervasive.com ("Jim C. Nasby") transmitted:
>> What say?
>
> It's a shame to have a person burn cycles on this, but anything would be
> an improvement over what we've got now.

"Anything" includes some options that would probably *not* be
improvements.

I'm not sure that pestering everyone once a week would be a
particularly good move.  That's too likely to get silly unrealistic
estimates as to how much is done.  (Entirely typical in
run-by-the-calendar projects "project managed" by Big Five consulting
firms...)

On the flip side, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to hear
*something* once a month or every two months on ToDo items that have
been assigned.  With the proviso that if no news is heard in several
months, that surely suggests that the item isn't progressing, and
might deserve others' attention...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/linuxdistributions.html