Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Jignesh K. Shah" <J.K.Shah@Sun.COM> writes:

> In next couple of weeks I plan to test the patch on a different x64 based
> system to do a sanity testing on lower number of cores and also try out other
> workloads ...

I'm actually more interested in the large number of cores but fewer processes
and lower max_connections. If you set max_connections to 64 and eliminate the
wait time you should, in theory, be able to get 100% cpu usage. It would be
very interesting to track down the contention which is preventing that.

--
  Gregory Stark