Re: surrogate vs natural primary keys

От Seb
Тема Re: surrogate vs natural primary keys
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:45:08 -0600,
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> I think this question is a lot like "how large should I set
> shared_buffers?"  There's lots of different answers based on how you
> are using your data.

Yes, this is precisely what I'm after: *criteria* to help me decide
which approach to take for different scenarios.  Such guidance is what
seems to be lacking from most of the discussions I've seen on the
subject.  It's hard to distill this information when most of the
discussion is centered on advocating one or the other approach.

Thanks,

--
Seb

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: