Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences

От: Guillaume Cottenceau
Тема: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Marti Raudsepp, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Szymon Guz, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Marti Raudsepp, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
     Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Jon Nelson, )
      Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
       Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Andy Colson, )
        Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Craig Ringer, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  ("Lello, Nick", )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Klaus Ita, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Craig Ringer, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Mladen Gogala, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Bruce Momjian, )
     Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Jeff Janes, )

Marti Raudsepp <marti 'at' juffo.org> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:32, A B <> wrote:
>> I was just thinking about the case where I will have almost 100%
>> selects, but still needs something better than a plain key-value
>> storage so I can do some sql queries.
>> The server will just boot, load data, run,  hopefully not crash but if
>> it would, just start over with load and run.
>
> If you want fast read queries then changing
> fsync/full_page_writes/synchronous_commit won't help you.

That illustrates how knowing the reasoning of this particular
requests makes new suggestions worthwhile, while previous ones
are now seen as useless.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau