Re: Proposed GUC Variable

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Proposed GUC Variable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de> writes:
> On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 04:46, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> >     * Add GUC parameter to print queries that generate errors
>
> Maybe don't make that an option, but rather do it always. I don't
> see where that would hurt.

It would hurt in situations in which an error is expected to occur
(e.g. INSERT into table, if constraint violation then do XYZ). It
would also make the logs a lot larger + less readable if long (say,
100 line) queries are being executed.

I don't think either situation is particularly common, but I do think
it's worth keeping a GUC variable for it. The GUC var should probably
default to being enabled though.

Cheers,

Neil