Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ragnar <gnari@hive.is> writes:

> for that matter, what happens if one transaction is using or
> even reading an image while another is updating it?

I believe that this also depends on how the file is updated.  Some
applications create a temporary file with the new (or changed) content and
then replace the old file with this one.

There are also cases where you can keep a file descriptor open to one file
that has no name (it existed once) and that was replaced.

It all depends on how / who's generating and how / who's consuming the
information.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Сообщение: Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images
Сообщение: Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images