Re: HOT documentation README

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: HOT documentation README
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> writes:

> It would be worth mentioning that columns appearing in predicates
> of partial indexes and expressions of expression indexes are also
> checked. If any of these columns are changed, HOT update is not done.

In discussion a question arose. I don't think we currently compare these
columns before when we're building an index and find a visible hot update. We
just set hot_visible even if the chain might still be a valid hot chain for
the new index right? Should we consider checking the columns in that case too?
Or would it be too much extra overhead?

--
  Gregory Stark