Re: V0.2 patch for TODO Item: SQL-language referenceparameters by name.

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: V0.2 patch for TODO Item: SQL-language referenceparameters by name.
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> writes:

> What I mean by "kinda" is that it's a standard way of handling
> parameters in Oracle and in DBI.

That's a good reason *not* to use them for other purposes. Users trying to
create procedures through DBI or other interfaces like it will run into
problems when the driver misinterprets the parameters.

> I think it would be a very bad idea
> to require that people use the function name in parameters,

I think were talking about only allowing it to disambiguate if the name is
shadowed by a variable in an inner scope.

--
  Gregory Stark

Сообщение: Re: V0.2 patch for TODO Item: SQL-language reference parameters by name.
Сообщение: Re: V0.2 patch for TODO Item: SQL-language referenceparameters by name.