Re: Block-level CRC checks

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Block-level CRC checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Jonah H. Harris escribió:
>> Now, in the case where hint bits have been updated and a WAL record is
>> required because the buffer is being flushed, requiring the WAL to be
>> flushed up to that point may be a killer on performance.  Has anyone
>> tested it?
>
> I didn't measure it but I'm sure it'll be plenty slow.

How hard would it be to just take an exclusive lock on the page when setting
all these hint bits? It might be a big performance hit but it would only
affect running with CRC enabled and we can document that. And it wouldn't
involve contorting the existing code much.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's On-Demand Production
Tuning