Re: Proposal: access control jails (and introduction as aspiring GSoC student)

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Proposal: access control jails (and introduction as aspiring GSoC student)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, sudo is pretty useful, and this would be quite similar.

+1.

I guess one of the big difficulties would be to be able to match a given
random query with the list of queries we have in any Jail, given that we
put in there "generic" queries and we want to allow "specific" queries.

But once we have that, it could turn out pretty useful for other
thoughts. I can't find it again in the archives, but the idea was to
collect statistics on views rather than plain table so that you can have
correlated stats on JOINs and some columns etc. The hard part here too
looks like being able to tell at runtime that a given query is a
specific form of an existing view.

Regards,
--
dim