Re: WITHIN GROUP patch

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: WITHIN GROUP patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom> What I'm now thinking we want to do is:
Tom> 1. Non-hypothetical direct args always contribute to determiningTom> the agg's collation.
Tom> 2. Hypothetical and aggregated args contribute to the agg'sTom> collation only if the agg is designed so that
thereis alwaysTom> exactly one aggregated arg (ie, it's non-variadic with oneTom> aggregated arg).  Otherwise we assign
theircollationsTom> per-sort-column and don't merge them into the aggregate'sTom> collation.

Tom> This specification ensures that a variadic aggregate doesn'tTom> change behavior depending on how many sort
columnsthere happenTom> to be.

Works for me.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: preserving forensic information when we freeze