Re: psql \copy hanging

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: psql \copy hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Arnaud L." <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> writes:

> Hi list
>
> On Windows, I have an unattended script that exports data overnight by
> issuing psql commands like :
> psql -f mycommands.sql
> whith mycommands.sql containing a bunch of \copy lines like :
> \copy (SELECT * FROM someview) TO
> '\\windowsserver\windowsshare\somefile.csv'
>
> When I run this script by hand, everything is fine but when it runs
> overnight it hangs and allways on the same line.

Is the overnight run being done as the same DB user you are testing
with?

If not, then perhaps the automated user deviates in resource settings
and/or permissions, in turn resulting in sluggish performance caused by
thrashing and/or inferior query plan.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM
Сообщение: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM