Re: Persistent Connects (pg_pconnect)

От Itai Zukerman
Тема Re: Persistent Connects (pg_pconnect)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:34:19 +0000, Colleen Williams <colleen@digital-arts.co.uk> wrote:
> Each time one of us uses the CMS, a new
> persistent connection process owned by postgres is started up. With 3
> people accessing the CMS sporadically, 32 persistent connections are
> in existence and then Linux tells me there are too many connections!
> Sometimes I believe existing connections are reused but not often!

Not sure if this is related, but under the non-threading Apache
server, you get 1 persistent connection per Apache process.  I don't
think you can be sure which process gets the page with the connection
request, so if you have a limit of, say, 50 processes, and your server
is hit fairly often, eventually you'll see 50 connections even though
only a few simultaneous accesses to PHP/PostgreSQL are made.

Or, I could be totally off.

-itai

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: