Re: [HACKERS] CREATE COLLATION does not sanitize ICU's BCP 47language tags. Should it?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CREATE COLLATION does not sanitize ICU's BCP 47language tags. Should it?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/29/17 19:38, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Peter Eisentraut
>> Reading over this code again, it is admittedly not quite clear why this
>> "canonicalization" is in there right now.  I think it had something to
>> do with how we built the keyword variants at one point.  It might not
>> make sense.  I'd be glad to take that out and use the result straight
>> from uloc_getAvailable() for collcollate.  That is, after all, the
>> "canonical" version that ICU chooses to report to us.
>
> Is anything going to happen here ahead of shipping v10? This remains
> an open item.

I'm still pondering committing my documentation patch I had posted, and
I've been reviewing your patches to see if there is anything else
documentation-wise that could be added.

As I had mentioned before, I disagree with the substance of the
functionality changes you are proposing, and I think it would be way too
late to make such significant changes.  The general community opinion
also seems to be in favor of letting things be.