Re: Question, how intelligent is optimizer with subplans?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Question, how intelligent is optimizer with subplans?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On second thought what I wanted to do should work, I think. I'm not clear why
the first of these works fine but the second doesn't. What I want to do is
effectively the second of these:

slo=> select (select count(*) from t2) as x from t order by x;
---
 0
(1 row)

slo=> select (select count(*) from t2) as x from t order by sign(x);
ERROR:  Attribute "x" not found

--
greg