Re: Heap page diagnostic functions

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Heap page diagnostic functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

"Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:

> I think forensics is ok. The world is currently beeing swamped with
> related tv shows :-)

Indeed, it's the only proprosal so far with connotation of the right level of
detail that the functions about the data. Police forensics laboratories spend
their time picking up fibres and laboriously fingerprinting every surface
which is about what it feels like to dig through every tuple of a heap page.

Incidentally, Tom, were you consulting the dead-tree edition of the OED? In
which case you would have naturally not seen this in 1993 additions:
   ADDITIONS SERIES 1993
       forensic, a. and n.
       Add: [B.] 2. ellipt. use of the adj. A forensic science department,   laboratory, etc. colloq. 1963 Guardian 2
Sept.8/5 When a police officer   hisses in my ear in court, `Are you from forensic?' I no longer protest. I   just
weaklynod my head. 1971 W. J. BURLEY Guilt Edged iv. 74 A breakdown   truck is taking it to Division. Forensic can look
atit in their garage.   1991 J. NEEL Death of Partner vi. 83 `Forensic rang,' Bruce reported   dourly. `The autopsy
reportis on its way.'

Though it seems like a poor definition. My English teachers would have chided
me for using the word in its definition...

Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report