Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> For those following along at home, the failures are on these queries:
>> SELECT 1.1 AS two UNION SELECT 2.2;>> SELECT 1.1 AS two UNION SELECT 2;>> SELECT 1 AS two UNION SELECT 2.2;>> SELECT
1.1AS three UNION SELECT 2 UNION ALL SELECT 2;

>> In each case, the expected result is with the values in ascending>> numerical order.  In each case, the 1 or 1.1
valuewhich ought to>> appear before 2 or 2.2 instead appears after it.  Strictly speaking,>> this is not the wrong
answerto the query, and could be perhaps>> explained by the planner choosing a hash aggregate rather than a sort>> +
uniqueplan.  But this patch doesn't change the planner at all, so>> the plan should be the same as it has always been.

Tom> Yeah.  We could add an EXPLAIN to make certain, perhaps, but sinceTom> none of the other critters are failing I
doubtthis explanation.

This failure in the union.sql test is exactly the one that happens if
you build with --disable-float8-byval, for what that's worth.

Does the windows build perhaps not define USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL? that would
explain the breakage.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)