Re: arrays, composite types

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: arrays, composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> writes:

> I'm looking for an equivalent of my_composite_type[] for use as a
> parameter of a pl/pgsql function. What do people use to dodge this
> limitation?
>
> Background: I have a few plpgsql functions that basically accept an
> array of objects decomposed into arrays of the objects' attributes:

What do you want to do with these arrays? Why do you want to work with them in
plpgsql?

When you get to this point I think I would start looking at using plperl and
using Dumper to store the objects in a text column. You're trading off
database normalization against being able to express arbitrarily complex data
structures.

--
greg