Re: PGError: server closed the connection unexpectedly

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: PGError: server closed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Steinberg <dave@redterror.net> writes:

>> You're not using the same PG connection from two different threads, or
>> fork()ing and trying to use the same connection in the parent and the
>> child, or anything like that?
>
> Aha!  In the ruby code, I am forking!  I'll make the child reconnect
> and see if that helps (I am almost sure this will fix it).  This one I
> should have guessed - I dealt with similar stuff in perl somewhat
> recently.

Yay!  I thought it might be something like that.

> The pg_dumpall problem...  I'll crank the debug level and see if
> there's anything interesting there, and if so I'll post about it again.

You could also, if you have to, run the BSD equivalent of 'strace'
(ktrace?) against the backend that pg_dump is connected to, and see
what might be going on.  'strace' is the gun I pull out when logfiles
aren't working for me.  :)

-Doug