Re: Vacum Analyze problem

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Vacum Analyze problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
<rafael@akyasociados.com.ar> writes:

> I knew that in the long run the VACUUM ANALYZE comand has to be executed
> again. My question is if something can happen over night and cause the need
> of a new VACUUM ANALYZE (regenerating indexes or other thing related with
> performance).

The answer to your question is possibly yes for two reasons:

1) If you're running an autovacuum daemon it might decide it's time to vacuum
the table and kick off a vacuum. That sounds most like what you're describing.

2) If the size of the table changes substantially becoming much larger (or
smaller but that wouldn't happen just due to deletes unless you run vacuum)
then recent versions of Postgres will notice even if you don't run analyze and
take that into account.

--
  Gregory Stark

Сообщение: Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM
Сообщение: Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM