Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Any objections to applying the patch?

I like applying it.

You don't include any negative tests and corner cases as well; cases where the
new code shouldn't be disturbing the results such as a symmetric join or a
join against a single-row table. The comments make me think you ran them but
just didn't show them though.

What about a merge join against an empty table? I suppose there would just be
no statistics?

--
  Gregory Stark

Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch to make mergejoin cost estimation more symmetric