Re: SQL5 budget

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: SQL5 budget
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
alvherre@commandprompt.com (Alvaro Herrera) writes:
> David Rowley escribió:
>
>> Or is sponsoring a feature paying money to people that already plan to
>> implement something?
>
> Nobody on their mind would plan to implement the features being proposed
> here ... I didn't look very far but it seems mainly nonsense.

Oh, dear... In searching back to the archives, it becomes evident that
I shouldn't have been as polite as I was, and that it is indeed mainly
nonsense.

There *would* be merit in supporting the work on recursive queries, in
8.4, as that will help when trying to build queries that are to return
hierarchical result sets.

But that's not what he noticed; what he's looking for is to somehow
use XML in lieu of, um, either SQL, PHP, libpq, or something like
that.  (And the fact that those are 4 rather different things reveals
how confused the matter is.)

Apologies; I didn't realize how fragmented the kettle was[1]...

[1]  Or did I misspell "cracked" and "pot"?
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/