Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1202

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1202
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> writes:

>> On the other hand, we don't have to
>> think of compatibility in EXPLAIN ANALYZE VERBOSE because it is newly
>> added in 8.4.
>
> Uh, it exists for me in 8.2.9.

The current behaviour is newly added in 8.4. In 8.2 it meant something
completely different and quite useless for end-users in any case, so backwards
compatibility isn't important.

What strikes me as a convenient approach is basically using EXPLAIN VERBOSE as
a playground where we feel free to add everything we think of. If people run a
command marked "VERBOSE" and complain it prints too much...

As stuff matures and becomes indispensable we could consider moving it to the
regular EXPLAIN or implement some way to specify precisely which data the user
wants. Or just say XML/table data/whatever will solve the problem for us.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's Slony Replication
support!