Re: about truncate

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: about truncate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 11:43 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> >
>> > Patch attached.
>>
>> This was committed.
>
> Please could we put in a GUC to allow that to be toggled in this release

That seems like it would just be putting off the pain. It doesn't make it any
easier to migrate in the end.

> and warning issued for non-optional behaviour change in following
> release?

We do print INFO messages when drops cascade. We could print similar messages
when DDL applies recursively by default. (We can't do DML since it would fill
logs quickly). That seems reasonable to me.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!