Re: Yet another "drop table vs delete" question

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Yet another "drop table vs delete" question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
xof@thebuild.com (Christophe) writes:
> On Apr 21, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Yes, but if you are asking that question, you probably really want
>> to use
>> TRUNCATE.
>
> The advantage of DROP TABLE being, of course, that DROP TABLE is
> transactionally-safe, while TRUNCATE is not.

TRUNCATE mayn't have been transactionally safe back in PostgreSQL 8.0,
but it is, now.

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/sql-truncate.html
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
Rules  of the  Evil Overlord  #151. "I  will not  set myself  up  as a

Сообщение: Re: Yet another "drop table vs delete" question
Сообщение: Re: Yet another "drop table vs delete" question