Re: Extensions User Design

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions User Design
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re-reading in the morning rather that late at night...

Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> === installing and removing an extension
>>
>>    begin;
>>    install extension foo with search_path = foo;
>
> Needs install file location:
>
> INSTALL EXTENSION foo FROM '~/downloads/foo' WITH search_path = 'foo';

This would run the foo.sql file containing the CREATE EXTENSION call,
then run the install procedure itself which will run the author's
foo.install.sql script, right? I'm all for it.

Now, I'm not sure which form would pg_dump issue, maybe it should dumps
the CREATE EXTENSION and the INSTALL EXTENSION commands separately?

--
Dimitri Fontaine
PostgreSQL DBA, Architecte