Re: [GENERAL] Installing PL/pgSQL by default

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Installing PL/pgSQL by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Right, just like every other thing that's pre-installed.  If a
> particular installation wishes to let individual DB owners control this,
> the superuser can drop plpgsql from template1.  It's not apparent to me
> why we need to allow non-superusers to override the project's decisions
> about what should be installed by default.

I guess it boils down to being nice to hosting platforms, where they
will want to give as much power as can be given to database owners
without having those hosted people be superusers.

So should the decision to remove plpgsql be on the hosting platform
hands or the hosted database owner?

Regards,
--
dim