Re: Linking tables and indexes

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: Linking tables and indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> If you're in 8.1 or better, I'd suggest defining only two indexes, one

I'm on 8.1.  Waiting for SuSE to update to 8.2... ;-)

> on (ci_id) and other on (document_client_id), and let the system deal
> with mixing them using the bitmap scan technique when appropriate.

I thought about that but then I'd loose the UNIQUE constraint on this set.
I've also thought about creating a third index to specify the UNIQUE
constraint but ...

> OTOH since the columns are probably not separately unique, you'll need
> the primary key anyway, in which case leave the PK alone and create
> another index on (document_client_id).

... I haven't thought on this and it is much better :-)  I played with some
possibilities and I forgot mixing a composed index with a simple one... :-)

This is what I went with.  Thanks!

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Сообщение: Re: Improve Postgres Query Speed
Сообщение: Re: Improve Postgres Query Speed