Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent

От Sebastian P. Luque
Тема Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On Tue, 10 May 2016 16:20:31 +0200,
Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:

[...]

>> which is what I want; i.e. get user name from the operating system
>> user and check that it matches requested database user name.  If I
>> understand right, this means that if I sudo or login as postgres,
>> then that's what PostgreSQL gets.  If postgres has no password and I
>> can login without one, then the database server shouldn't ask for
>> one.  Why does pgagent expect one?

> Because you try "host=localhost" which doesn't match the line you are
> citing. Look for host...md5.

You're absolutely absolutely, and I had forgotten a few things about
this.  Things work as I expected when leaving out the "host"
specification in the call to pgagent.

This got me thinking whether it's a good idea to leave the postgres user
without a password.  The system is inside a work network, and a handful
of users, both of which are trustworthy.  But perhaps it would still be
safer to create a password for postgres.

Thanks for your help,
--
Seb

Сообщение: Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent
Сообщение: Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent