Re: Kudos on the 64 bit PostgreSQL for Windows

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Kudos on the 64 bit PostgreSQL for Windows
Дата
Re: Kudos on the 64 bit PostgreSQL for Windows  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general

The inserts are processed via an INSERT/SELECT statement.
A custom driver has been written that performs this operation
using the COPY API.  I get many thousands of rows per second.
The operations all take place in binary mode also (any necessary
conversions are performed by the client).

> Are you using synchronous_commit=off and/or a commit delay?

I do not use synchronous_commit=off

> Do you have fsync=off set in your postgresql.conf?

No.

> If so, I hope you're
> aware of the serious data integrity risks.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-wal.html
>
> If neither of these are true and you're not using battery-backed cache,
> check to make sure your storage subsystem is honouring fsync requests.
> Some SSDs are known to ignore fsync, which *will* cause data corruption
> if you have an OS crash or power loss.

Сообщение: Re: Kudos on the 64 bit PostgreSQL for Windows
Сообщение: Re: Kudos on the 64 bit PostgreSQL for Windows