Re: postgres crash SOS

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: postgres crash SOS
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I think that the bottom line is that {like any DBMS system} effort is needed to make PostgreSQL run smoothly on any
platform,but for Windows support is still fairly new, while on POSIX systems all the kinks have had plenty of time to
getworked out.  So it should not be unexpected that there will be more problems seen on Windows platforms than on POSIX
typeplatforms.  Even so, I think that the progress on Windows has been excellent and that PostgreSQL is definitely a
viablealternative to traditional commercial systems.  In all cases (Windows or other alternatives) we should use
thoroughlytested and carefully configured systems to store our business data.

Nothing new or remarkable here.  Just common sense.
IMO-YMMV