PostgreSQL 8.2.3

От Walczyk, Tomasz
Тема PostgreSQL 8.2.3
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum

Dear Team

In reference project in which I’m involved I’m looking for rpm packages for very old PostgreSQL.

I’m looking for PostgreSQL 8.2.4 version. RPM’s which I can install on RedHat.

I think it will not be a problem if it will be version closely to that like 8.2.3, 8.2.2 or 8.2.5, 8.2.6

I found on your yum website (https://yum.postgresql.org/8.2/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64/) that is available one of the newest version 8.2.23 but there was some changes which not let me use this new DB.

I’ve read in documentation that there was some changes in DB structure name. I think it was in version 8.2.13 or 8.2.14

This what I want to get is make fresh PostgreSQL installation on new system and simply move folders with DB to new server and location.

When I will have same version I read that this will work. Any other cases are quite difficult as they need migration from one to the second one, which I never done unfortunately, also don’t want to brake very important DB or corrupt data in that DB. During this migration some changes in dump file should be corrected/adjusted so this also make this case quite difficult and problematic.

I appreciate all suggestion and help with this.

Pozdrawiam / Worm regards

Tomasz Walczyk,

Citibank Europe plc (publiczna spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce, ul. Chałubińskiego 8, 00-613 Warszawa, Organ rejestrowy: Sąd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy, XII Wydział Gospodarczy KRS, numer KRS 240467; NIP: 1080001260

***Disclaimer:

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments (the "Message") is intended for one or more specific individuals or entities and may be confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this Message and do not disclose, distribute, or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this Message.  Electronic messages are not secure or error free and can contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor record and retain electronic messages.