[HACKERS] the need to finish

От Erik Rijkers
Тема [HACKERS] the need to finish
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Logical replication emits logmessages like these:

DETAIL:  90 transactions need to finish.
DETAIL:  87 transactions need to finish.
DETAIL:  70 transactions need to finish.

Could we get rid of that 'need'?   It strikes me as a bit off; something
that people would say but not a mechanical message by a computer. I
dislike it strongly.

I would prefer the line to be more terse:

DETAIL:  90 transactions to finish.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by this phrase?

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers