Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.6 crash

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.6 crash
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.6 crash  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> > > It doesn't seem like a bad idea to have a max_memory parameter that if a
> > > backend ever exceeded it would immediately abort the current
> > > transaction.
> >
> > See ulimit (or local equivalent).
>
> As much as setting ulimit in shell scripts is fun, I have to admit that
> I really don't see it happening very much.

For one thing it requires admin access to the startup scripts to arrange this.
And it's always cluster-wide.

Having a GUC parameter would mean it could be set per-session. Even if the GUC
parameter were just implemented by calling setrlimit it might be useful.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Sequences/defaults and pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Sequences/defaults and pg_dump