Re: [mux@FreeBSD.org: Re: Anyone interested in improving postgresql scaling?]

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: [mux@FreeBSD.org: Re: Anyone interested in improving postgresql scaling?]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:

> If there really are users who find 10 proctitle updates/second an
> unacceptably low update rate, then tune for the default case and
> provide an option to allow them to override the rate limit to whatever
> update rate they find appropriate.

If you rate limit the naive way you would end up with info that's arbitrarily
old and out of date. To get something that's guaranteed not to be older than
some maximum age we would have to start with setting timers and setting the
proctitle in a signal handler which would be much more complex than what I
think you're imagining.