Re: Improving executor performance

От Andreas Seltenreich
Тема Re: Improving executor performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund writes:

> Having expression evaluation and slot deforming as a series of simple
> sequential steps, instead of complex recursive calls, would also make it
> fairly straightforward to optionally just-in-time compile those.

I don't think that JIT becomes easier by this change.  Constructing the
IR for LLVM, libFirm or any other JIT library from expression trees is
straightforward already.  It's probably more of a nuisance for those
that already have some code/design on JIT-compiling expressions
(vitessedb, ISP RAS, yours truly)

I like your patch for all the other reasons stated though!

regards
Andreas