Re: [BUGS] Improper const-evaluation of HAVING with grouping sets and subquery pullup

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: [BUGS] Improper const-evaluation of HAVING with grouping sets and subquery pullup
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom> I don't think I buy this explanation, because the plan treeTom> doesn't show any indication that we're actually
folding(g,g) toTom> (g):

Huh. Yes, you're right.
Tom> Digression: this seems like another example in which the "same"Tom> Var can represent two different values.

At one point in the evolution of the GS patch it had a new node type,
GroupedVar or some such name, to represent the possibly-nulled-out
values. I'm not sure that it was being introduced early enough in
planning to have prevented this problem (I suspect not, I'd have to dig
up the old code). That stuff was all ripped out very late in the
development process because as I recall, both you and Andres disliked
it.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)