Re: Possible bug in logical replication.

От Arseny Sher
Тема Re: Possible bug in logical replication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Maybe I am being too naive, but wouldn't it be just enough to update the
> confirmed flush LSN to ctx->reader->ReadRecPtr?  This way, the slot
> advances up to the beginning of the last record where user wants to
> advance, and not the beginning of the next record:

Same problem should be handled at pg_logical_slot_get_changes_guts and
apply worker feedback; and there is a convention that all commits since
confirmed_flush must be decoded, so we risk decoding such boundary
commit twice.

--
Arseny Sher
The Russian Postgres Company