Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers, felt like reporting this relevant tidbit in case of interest...

My site is among the few who've hit this bug.

We observed recently a case of pg_database having joined pg_authid and
pg_auth_members in the bad xmin, unable to vacuum shcatalog group,
however...

pg_database then started working again without any intervention on our
part so apparently due to some relevant system activity.

We did later do a restart to correct the problem for those other 2
 catalogs but , will try the global init file hack mentioned below later
 if/when we face this anew before running a fixed Pg version.

Many thanks!

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting