Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> Obviously I'll fix the warning, but how strict do you want to be
 >> about the rest of the code?

 Tom> Well, given that we're now requiring C99 compilers, you'd think
 Tom> that assuming stdbool semantics would be all right. The problem on
 Tom> prairiedog and locust (which seem to be the only complainants) is
 Tom> that stdbool provides a _Bool type that has size 4, so c.h decides
 Tom> not to use stdbool:

Yes, this was the cause of the earlier regression test failures that
were fixed by da6520be7; I realized exactly what was going on after
writing that commit message (otherwise I'd have been more explicit).

 Tom> typedef char bool;
 Tom> #endif

 Tom> I believe that we could suppress these warnings by changing that
 Tom> last to be

 Tom> typedef unsigned char bool;

*squint* I _think_, going through the integer promotion rules, that that
should be safe.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch