Re: EXECUTE problems

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: EXECUTE problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Medi Montaseri <medi.montaseri@intransa.com> writes:
> Before I head out to read those links....do I have to re-prepare if
> I loose my connection.  Or could/would the backend use it regardless
> of what connection I come in....

No, prepared statements are currently stored locally, per-backend --
that means that a prepared statement can only be EXECUTE'd by the same
client that PREPARE'd it. We looked into storing prepared queries in
shared memory (in fact, the first implementations of the idea did just
that), but it turned out not to be worth the hassle.

> Also I need some help using Async query technique....anyone used who
> I can get some help from....I need to confirm my understanding of
> how to use the Async Query technique

Do you have a specific question that isn't addressed by the
documentation?

    http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/libpq-async.html

Cheers,

Neil