Re: benchmarking the query planner

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: benchmarking the query planner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> 500    114.076
> 600    157.535
> 700    211.189
> 800    269.731
> 900    335.427
> 1000    409.638
> BTW, does anyone have an opinion about changing the upper limit for
> default_stats_target to, say, 10000?  These tests suggest that you
> wouldn't want such a value for a column used as a join key, but
> I can see a possible argument for high values in text search and
> similar applications.

I don't like the existing arbitrary limit which it sounds like people are
really bumping into. But that curve looks like it might be getting awfully
steep. I wonder just how long 10,000 would take?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!

Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner
Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner