[GENERAL] Registering aggregate function for a custom domain

От Lele Gaifax
Тема [GENERAL] Registering aggregate function for a custom domain
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm used to define data domains and use them to create my tables, something
like

  CREATE DOMAIN id_t uuid;
  CREATE DOMAIN text_t text;
  CREATE mytable (id id_t, value text_t, PRIMARY KEY (id));

The only "annoyance" is that I cannot use some standard function:

  SELECT array_agg(id) FROM mytable;
  could not find array type for data type id_t

and I must cast the value to the underlying concrete data type, for example:

  SELECT array_agg(id::uuid) FROM mytable;
  {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000,c72ca134-655b-11e7...

Is there a way to smooth my issue, registering a "compatible" array_agg() that
accepts the domain too?

Thanks in advance,
ciao, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.